Sailor Jerry Book 3 - Page 10
Since I ended up redoing this page, I didn't really want to go with the same exact theme as the first try. Just kinda went with the flow on this one.
Tracing:
So with the first try of this page I wanted to take the pin ups and do more of an anime theme, remaking them into some of my favorite women from anime. It obviously didn't turn out great from the start, but my second try I felt a lot more confident in, they look much more like pin ups and have more natural poses.
Black/Shading:
The biggest struggle has been figuring out where shadows go. First attempt was a very clear challenge. On my second attempt I decided to focus heavily on my lines from the start instead of doing small lines and going back with a fatter line at the end. It definitely made for a better looking painting all around.
Color:
Somehow the themes changed, first was anime second ended up being more disney vibe. But I am much happier with how the second attempt came out. Really focused a lot on getting clean, fat lines and trying to make some contrast with bigger lines and little lines.














Comments
Post a Comment