Sailor Jerry Book 3 - Page 4


You said be creative, well man, this is pretty creative if I do say so myself.


Tracing:


This page is a little sloppy I'll admit. While I do the initial trace is when my mind wanders about what I can change.


Tracing x2:




First thing I thought with the Australia themed page was of course Kangaroo Jack, with the iconic sunglasses and sweatshirt. Also Pokémon hasn't done a region for Australia yet so this was a fun project of taking already existing characters and tweaking them to kinda fit a different mold.


Lining:


Believe it or not that big thing in the middle is actually a Pokémon. He's an anchor Pokémon. They got weird in some of the later generations.


Black/Shading:



Here's a good challenge, going so far off the original design by Sailor Jerry that you have to figure out where the shading should fit. Both fun but slightly exhausting.


Color:



Boom. I actually had a lot of fun with this. It was a little anxiety inducing trying to come up with good designs but all that faded away when I started to get into the groove of it.














 

Comments

Popular Posts