Sailor Jerry Book 3 - Page 3


I took a good chunk of my morning staring at this page and thinking of all the changed I could make to the originals. Although I'm hopeful that soon I'll get into the groove and be able to bust out more than one page a day, I'm liking being able to really think and get those creative juices flowing.


Tracing:





Using 2 different brands of red pencil to kinda get a feel for which one I like. Also learning that I need to use more pressure when drawing otherwise those lines wont show.


Lining:



The one I am most stoked on is the horseshoe, I got really creative and completely changed the whole design of it. I'm super stoked with how it came out.


Black/Shading:


I almost forgot to go in with black at first. I really jumped the gun and started with putting all the skin tone in there until Ryan said "hey... think you're missin some black in there" lol.


Color:



Look at how awesome that flippin' horseshoe came out man. This page was a fun one. The eagles stressed me out a bit but I made it all work the way I wanted it to.









 

Comments

Popular Posts