Sailor Jerry Book 3 - Page 1
I thought that was a shark for the longest time man. I was like "why does that shark have such a long nose?".
Tracing:
Okay so we're doing a slightly different process with this book which I kinda forgot about while starting the first page. I just jumped right in with the changes I wanted to make without tracing the image first.
Ink:
Stared at my changes for a long time before finally deciding to ink it all, quite pleased.
Black/Shading:
What a weird lookin fish. I saw that fin behind her and knew I wanted it in front of her. I thought maybe I'd have it go between her legs but my brain just couldn't make that look right, so I kinda followed how the other fin is shaded to kinda match the fin I brought in front.
Color:
So the OG design has the marlin with kinda orange and yellowish colors here and there, I decided to make it more blue/green since it's closer to an actual marlins color. I think it helps the brain to realize what kind of fish that is to have it have colors similar to its real life color. Also, I put some red to put some contrast in there near the darker parts, needed it to have some depth not just sit on the page.







Comments
Post a Comment