Sailor Jerry Book 2 - Page 49
WooHoo! Another book done. Only took me about a month and a half (probably could've been sooner if I had started doing 2 pages a day sooner.
Tracing:
I'd love to know where he came up with these sayings that he puts on banners. Like did he hear them from people that he would tattoo or did he come up with them himself? Is that just how people talked back then? Oh to be a fly on that wall.
Black/Shading:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I fricken love snakes. Shading them is so fun. Squiggly little things. Also I was a little worried how the rat/skull would come out only because its got a little bit different type of shading going on, but I think the color really pulls it together.
Color:
So stoked to finally be finished with this book and moving onto the next. In the book I see some brownish shadows for contrast behind some of the designs, I wasn't sure if they were intentional or just weird coffee stain type thing but I decided to put that in there to balance out the page.








Comments
Post a Comment