Sailor Jerry Book 2 - Page 23
"the last shanty by Derina Harvey Band plays loudly in the distance"
I love ships man, mostly because they're mostly black and grey.
Tracing:
So many ships. I do like how they're all from different angles/perspectives, you don't see a lot of people wanting the side profile of a ship but its good to know how it looks.
Black/Shading:
I know the original paintings they were just black and grey for the sails and he Sailor Jerry used coffee to seal the flash sheet but it feels too weird for me to leave the sails just black and grey like this, gotta pop some coffee/tan in there.
Color:
Figured out a good way to be frugal and save money, instead of using watercolor paper that I could paint on to stick the finished flash designs on, I taped together 2 pieces of copy paper and it works pretty damn well. Love me some penny pinchin.










Comments
Post a Comment