Sailor Jerry Book 2 - Page 2


Working really hard to get my lines as perfect as I can. I think I'm getting better though, really taking my time and being more aware of the pressure I use with the Microns.


Tracing:




I'm finding tracing paper a little hard to get really tight against the copy paper for tracing. No matter how tight I think I'm getting it there's always little air pockets.


Linework & Shading:














I need to work on making sure all the ink gets right up to the line. I have a weird habit of falling just slightly short of the line (mostly because I have a limited supply of good brushes).
I really like this scrap watercolor paper, makes the paint come out really soft.



Color:

















The green/olive I used for the leaves and other green bits for some reason looks really yellow in these pictures. Struggling with the lighting to get good crisp pictures.
I think this page came out pretty darn good, also helps that it was pretty easy as far as coloring goes, not too complicated at all.










 

Comments

Popular Posts