Color Study 2.0
This time around I did some research and watched some videos on color studies done by other people to kind of get a feel of what I should be doing here.
Still not sure if I did this right but it was fun to mess around with all these colors and I feel like I got a better understanding of how to use watercolors.
- Cadmium Red ended up looking like blood spatter. (I watch a lot of true crime shows and this is the only thing my brain could compare it to).
- Scarlet made some cool drippy legs (like wine). Kinda looks similar to flames.
- Alizarin Crimson is thick so takes a lot more water to blend it out but it goes into this soft red wine looking color which is pretty neat.
- I just don't like the burnt sienna color. It's hard to work with and I don't like the end result.
- I was stoked on how the burnt umber came out, tried to make it look like you're staring up into a sand storm tornado.
- Yellow ochre makes me think of pasta. Angel hair pasta.
- The jellyfish came out really cool. I laid the first darker layer down first then went back in with more diluted yellow so give is some depth with the tendrils.
- I don't know what I was going for with the green, like leaves and blades of grass or something.
- I saw a video on someone making clouds and tried to recreate it in my own way so most of these are my attempt at clouds.
- Also I made weird little trees with the deep green, trees with legs.
- Hands down my favorite page, only because of what I was able to do with the payne's grey.
- Looks like a visual representation of staring into the void.
- Also got weird with the lamp black, don't know what the thought process was there.
This second time around I definitely had more fun just playing around with colors and being really free formed about what I was making.
Really stoked how this came out.






Comments
Post a Comment